Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Salesroom

Scott Jorgenson told me he didn't like to have his picture taken but too bad, Scott, I got you!  Scott and I got to know each other a little better this time around.  I asked him to explain what he does for a living in 25 words or less.  Sorry, it's too hard for me to explain here. 
 Norma Lu Meehan and her daughter Mary Meehan Firtl smiling for the camera at their sales table.  Norma Lu was selling her lovely paper dolls and Mary was selling pendants and other interesting items. 
Linda Hoerner makes a sale to Garth Lax.  Linda told me she hates promoting herself.  I thought that was quite interesting. Hmmmm.....

Patti Fertel had some lovely creations for sale at her sales table.  I also managed to get much of her life story out of her in probably more than 25 words.  She spent many years working as a counselor to students in med school at Ohio State.  Lately she's been writing articles on paper dolls for DOLL NEWS.
Mary Herzog is a long-time collector and had all kinds of things for sale.  I spent time visiting with her at the Welcome Fiesta Party.
Every time I attend a convention I take a picture of Kwei-lin Lum and it always turns out to be a very good picture!  She and I have been friends for a long time.  Kwei-lin always has imaginative things for sale and you never know what she'll come up with next!!



Tracy Williams got to spend some time with her sister, KC Skinner, who happens to live in Phoenix.  I understand that KC did the sales while Tracy painted.  Tracy was painting on-demand outfits for anyone who had a paper doll that needed a wardrobe.  Lori Lawson was happy to oblige.  Tracy is displaying one of the "commissioned" outfits.  What fun! (bottom photo courtesy Lori Lawson)

More fun in the sales room!

Beverly Micucci had a sales table next to me so we had fun visiting.  Beverly was selling things from her collection and also some paper dolls that her daughter-in-law had made.

Here I am at my sales table.  I never sell a lot, but I always sell enough to inspire me to have a table next time.  I enjoy showing my work and talking to people about it

Of course a post about the salesroom would not be complete without sharing what I bought!!  This was my favorite purchase.  It's called "Toddler Twins," and it was published by the Samuel Gabriel Company.  These dolls were published earlier and separately in two other sets, "My Doll Jack" and "My Doll Jill."  No specific dates are given in the reference books.
Here are my other purchases:  A Hilda Miloche set called "Birthday Party;" two Alina Kolurri books "Let's Play Paper Doll Dress Up," and "Let's Play Paper Doll Christmas;" Linda Hoerner's new book, "More Paper Pals Paper Dolls," A Peck-Aubry book "Cissy;"  "Una Verse--A Novi Star," by Tracy Williams; A black and white paper doll, "Chelsea," by Karen Prince; and some fun French repro sheets called, "Decoupages."  See....I didn't go TOTALLY crazy!!

I almost forgot!! I bought two new dresses for my Tiny Betsy Doll from Margaret Brown. Tiny Betsy is a reproduction of my favorite doll---Betsy McCall---that I got for Christmas when I was in the 3rd grade. I still have my original Betsy but her legs don't stay on any more.  




No comments:

Post a Comment